During camps the focus will be on every aspect of the game and on overall training of the player. Skills that are often taught at basketball camps are ball handling, shooting, competitive league play, pre-season training and much more. A great player will be versatile in all parts of basketball.
What do you do at a basketball camp?
If you’re looking to build a program that competes at a high level every year then a fun and competitive youth basketball camp needs to be a part of your basketball program.
Youth Basketball Camp Drills
- Zig Zag Dribbling.
- 1v1 Alley Dribbling.
- Dribble Tag Evasion.
- Box Ball Handling.
How do you prepare for a basketball camp?
5 Steps to Prepare for Attending Basketball Camp
- Find Answers to Your Camp Questions. …
- Take a Trip to the Grocery Store. …
- Buy a Water Bottle for Basketball Camp. …
- Pack All Necessary Camp Items.
- Talk with Your Child About Attending Camp.
What do you wear to a basketball camp?
Clothing should include shorts and t-shirts (or whatever your child wears to play their sport) along with plenty of socks and underwear. Sweatshirts, sweatpants, and a light rain jacket should be included for chillier days, and pajamas are required for nighttime.
How do you play Lightning basketball?
Everyone lines up single-file, the two people at the front of the line each get one basketball, and those two try to make a jump shot (or a subsequent layup) before the person with the other basketball does so. If you make your shot fast enough, you hand your ball to the person in front of the line and go to the back.
What are basketball clinics?
Definitions of basketball clinic. a meeting at which basketball players receive special evaluation and instruction. type of: clinic. meeting for diagnosis of problems and instruction or remedial work in a particular activity.
How do you run a successful basketball camp?
Here are some helpful tips to hosting a successful basketball camp…
- Make the camp purpose clear! …
- Be organized. …
- Use drills that keep everybody involved. …
- Teach skills and drills that players can do at home. …
- Keep the camp moving. …
- Incorporate character development.
What do you do on the first day of basketball practice?
After introductions, move into your basketball practice plan. Start with some stretching and warm up routines, like some light jogging, backpedaling and shuffling. This warm up will get everyone on their feet and moving. Stretching and warming up can also serve as practice in itself.
How do you get ready to play basketball?
How to Prepare for a Basketball Game
- 1 Eat a high-carb meal 2 hours before the game.
- 2 Drink lots of water before and during the game.
- 3 Jog and stretch to warm up your muscles.
- 4 Do shooting and ball-handling drills on the court.
- 5 Get to the gym at least 45 minutes before the game.
How should I pack for sports camp?
Clothing – T-shirts/tank tops, shorts, long pants, a jacket, a swim suit, pajamas and robe, and of course, underwear should be included. Footwear – Consider items such as boots, tennis shoes, sandals, dress shoes, and socks.
What should I bring to a football camp?
OVERNIGHT PARTICIPANTS – MANDATORY ITEMS TO BRING
- Bedding (sheets-blanket-pillow). Sleeping bags are ok, but they may get hot! …
- Old towels.
- Personal items and toiletries.
- Old tee shirts and shorts (nothing dressy)
- Window Fans (not all dorms are air conditioned)
What should I bring to soccer camp?
If you’re going to sleepaway camp, you’ll want to bring enough shirts, shorts, and socks for each day. More than likely, you’ll need to bring your own soccer ball, shin guards and straps, towel, and soccer bag. You’d be smart to bring along a small notepad and pencil, too.